Homes by WestBay was pleased to be presented with the ENERGY STAR Certified Homes program Market Leader Award. This award recognizes our work in promoting energy efficient construction and helping homebuyers experience the peace of mind, quality, comfort, and value that come with living in an ENERGY STAR certified home. As a local Tampa new home builder, we realize the importance of protecting our natural Florida environment and consciously work towards providing homes that conserve our valuable energy resources.
What Makes a Tampa Home Builder an ENERGY STAR Market Leader?
It takes a concerted effort to design and build homes that meet or exceed ENERGY STAR 3.1 certification standards. Not only do we build homes that conserve our natural resources, we strive to create energy-efficient homes that help the homeowner save money each year on energy costs. While all Tampa home builders must follow designated building codes, Homes by WestBay builds homes to the higher standards demanded by ENERGY STAR in order to be certified and earn Market Leader recognition. Our homes are all ENERGY STAR 3.1 certified and each is inspected by a third party to verify that the final construction meets all the requirements for such accreditation.
Tampa Home Builder Requirements for ENERGY STAR Certification
In order to be considered an energy-efficient home and to receive the official recognition as an ENERGY STAR 3.1 certified home, every Home by WestBay includes:
- High efficiency HVAC systems that use less energy, operate quietly, offer savings on utility bills and delivers maximum efficiency
- Expertly sealed duct work that is tested to ensure it meets ENERGY STAR standards.
- Whole House Ventilation using MERV 6 or higher Filters that trap more dust and pollen while improving airflow. Homes by WestBay always uses MERV 8 Filters.
- 100% CFL (compact florescent lighting) Lighting throughout the home for electrical efficiency and longer lasting bulbs
- Energy Efficient Appliances including ceiling and ventilation fans throughout our homes
- Low-E Windows: Highly Efficient Insulated and Double-Paned Windows
- Whole House Thermal Barriers ensuring undesired outside air, garage fumes, and attic air do not penetrate the home.
- Inspection of Insulation by third party inspector to ensure contractors properly install insulation to keep the home temperature comfortable at all times.
New homes that are designed and built to such exacting standards add value and offer many benefits to the homeowner. You will see, feel and hear the difference of the fully integrated approach to design and construction combined with tried and true best practices that are applied to every ENERGY STAR certified home. Visit one of our model homes in any one of several fine communities in the Tampa Bay area to see the spacious floorplans and thoughtfully designed features available in a new home by WestBay.
BLOG | NEWS | UPDATE comes to you courtesy of Homes by WestBay
Homes by WestBay offers a new kind of home building experience with a focus to deliver an exceptional homebuilding experience at an outstanding value. Recognized both nationally and regionally for our award-winning new home designs, we offer new single-family homes from our New Vintage and Artisan collections for sale throughout the finest new communities within the Tampa Bay area.
Founded in 2009, we have evolved into being the largest, privately owned new homebuilder in the Tampa Bay market. Our team of talented professionals—many of whom are award-winners in their fields of expertise – together with the top architects, engineers and other industry experts we work with, are dedicated to designing and creating exceptional new homes, new floor plans, new designs, for you and your lifestyle. Our team’s collective experience in exceeding the expectations of homebuyers throughout the Tampa Bay area spans over a century.
Homes range in size from 1,601 square feet to over 4,848 square feet and priced from the Mid $200’s to over $700,000.00. Model home hours are 10:00AM-6:00PM Daily Except Wednesday and Sunday Noon-6:00PM. For more information on Homes by WestBay, its residential designs and the communities where it builds call 813-438-3838 or visit www.HomesbyWestBay.com.